The disco style of the 70s was edgy from fashion to makeup. The disco glam of the late 70s was popular until the early 80s. This is an age of material hedonism, with an emphasis on personal style. In recent years, the disco fashion of the 1970s has made a comeback. This fun, upbeat, crazy dance combined with a disco outfit is something to look back on.
What is Disco Style?
In general, the disco style shattered the boundaries of the time and produced something entirely new, completely different, and inclusive. 70s disco outfits, like that era, combine a variety of different fashions that no other style has. Wearing 70 disco clothes at a disco party is an opportunity to show your personality, just like wearing a costume. Flashing lights, spinning disco balls, and loud music, with little chance for conversation, the disco 70s outfit has it all.
What to Wear to A 70’s Disco Party?
Retro is the classic undefeated element of the 70s disco party. In addition to wearing a 70s disco outfit in bright colors, she will also wear saturated makeup. Here are the 70s most popular disco outfit ideas in recent years, according to our multi-faceted research. If you’re planning to go to a disco in the near future, then these will be your perfect references.
70’s Disco Outfit Ideas for Women
- Glittering in the middle of the disco floor requires a sparkling disco 70s outfit. Colorful dazzling sequins, fringes, and other design elements complement the disco vibe. Show off your disco outfit’s style and your personality through sharp silhouettes, precise cuts, ornate decorations, and bright colors.
- This 70s disco outfit is framed by fluid lines that frame brilliant colors, or slender or expansive silhouettes that accentuate delicate tailoring. Under the arrangement of changing patterns and three-dimensional flowers, the visual effect of the whole clothing is outstanding and varied.
This is the most minimal and classic look of the 70s disco outfits. The ground-breaking body-hugging dress captivated millions of women. This dress is a cross-cultural product that can be seen not only at disco parties but also in the workplace. When you show up at the disco in a simple yet classic dress, everyone will be drawn to your elegance.
It’s so popular! Wear flared pants with an open-neck top and finish with open-back sandals or platform boots. This simple and sincere look is what most women wear to disco parties. It will show off your tall figure.
In the late ’70s, baggy flared pants disappeared. Both men and women wore bodysuits, leggings, and stretch pants, which quickly became icons of fashion. People’s hair is also very dramatic at this time as the silhouette becomes slimmer. Long hair on men, once an icon of the counterculture, has become popular in discotheques. Feathered hair has also become popular among women.
70’s Disco Outfit Ideas for Men
- The look features a full-body paisley print with a luxe vintage floral print for a bright look. Plus it’s bouncy enough to feel free and unrestricted as you dance to the ’70s disco-themed queue. It’s like a time machine that lets you spend a good time with old friends in 1975.
- Based on the Peacock Revolution, the disco dudes of the 70s strutted down the dance floor in Playboy costumes. I suggest you wear a wig. Jumpsuits and platform boots are not only popular among girls, but also among boys. Traditional silhouettes are touched by new luxury.
- This 70s disco outfit is perfect for parties and costume accessories for the makeup stage. A great set of 70’s disco ball outfits is just the thing for you. Sunglasses and a wig, as pictured, and necklaces are the finishing touches of the decor.
For older boys, it’s not hard to find a ’70s disco style. From my point of view, maybe middle-aged men are more attractive in disco clothes. A glittery shirt goes back to the 70s. Swaying in the middle of the dance floor gathers all eyes.
- Fleece jackets are timeless. The exposed fleece on the lapels sets this jacket apart. It was worn by pilots during World War II. This is ideal for men who don’t like personalized clothing. Not only retains the disco style, but also shows a mature and stable character, which will not make you feel embarrassed at the disco party.
The popularity of disco is staggering. Dance wildly in the dazzling colorful light and shadow. Young people have dry silk-like shawl hair, wear tights, white shirts, distressed jeans, and all kinds of glitter, metal rings, etc. are decorated all over the body.
Today, the fashion of the 70s is gradually reviving. Compared with other styles, the disco style emphasizes freedom and cheerfulness. Forget all the personas that keep you from letting go of your hands and feet. After checking out the best disco outfit ideas, hopefully, you’ve got enough inspiration for a disco party. If you need a disco outfit shope, please check meetcostumes.